hello AR people,
My name is corey i started in on my ar3 over our christams shut down.
i have some education in electronics and automation, I am a manufacturing engineer (fancy machinist) during the day. my specitalty is mill-turn centers and swiss style lathes up to 8 axis, although i do program and setup a 5 axis mill that the milling department hates.
-Most of my hardware is in
-Motors are in
-My aluminum kit arives monday, i plan on tumbling them down to a matte finish and sending them out for annodizing. i realized after printing a few components and reworking them i was going to end up time and money ahead going the aluminum route.
- Covers are about half way printed, i was using the covers as a test on the makerbot i had at work that was non functional, after firmware and a few mdifications it is actually making some nice prints. now most of the prints will be feinshed out on my ender 3 pro
-Electronics- boards are in but i plan on using a larger enclosure, and integrating the cell controler, so i dont need a stand alone pc. Also i plan on using zip-port connectors rather than the aviation connectors so i will end up with 1 maybe 2 connectors on the robot. Also i havee been very impresesed with some of the main board concepts i have seen in the forums and may go that route but plan on conventional wiring to get going.
I am building this robot as an introduction into robot kinematics and a study in process automation, my first planned implementation is to automate a chamfering operation that involves chamfering a rectangular block on all 12 edges.
long term goals include using robots as machine tenders to pull parts from mills and lathes, also i have identified some assembly processes that could be automated.
Parts came back from plating today
They came out exactly how i wanted, matte black, well worth the $70
The J6 bearing cap was hiding in the tumbler and escaped plating, it will have to wait for the batch of parts being machined to go out
now to get the races out of the printed parts
little bummed they had to be destroyed to get the races out, body saw made quick work out of the plastic.
all my bearings ended up a slip fit, i put a little red loctite on them to retain them.
So i stayed late tuesday night and go all the parts deburred and tumbled
The tumbling evens out the machining marks,breaks all the edges,and gives the parts a more industrial appearance. They should be back from annodizing tomorrow
I did decide to hold back the J1 and J2 spindles, as well as as the small j5 parts. since they arent visible when assembled.
Looks like im building a robot this weekend
Your build sound very interesting, looking forward to seeing how the anodizing turns out as well as the integrated PC. Keep us posted. thank you.