I started this build in January, working on it on and off. Now that we’re quarantined at home going to aim to finish this by the end of the summer. I have a programming background, and don’t have any experience nor the tools for building a robot so this is my build log to share my experience, challenges, and progress with you guys.
Thank you Chris for putting together such a detailed manual :)
I’m going to try to make a bit of progress every week. Just got the J3 encoder installed and motor cables routed. I ran into two problems:
I installed the J1 motor mount backwards, which makes the J1 joint hit the J1 encoder. I think it would be helpful if the instructions on page 64 had a note to making sure the motor mount is aligned like in the photo.
The J3 motor spindle is loose. I stripped the spindle retainer screw trying to tighten it, and it still has a ~1mm play. I’m worried the arm will be loose...
Also a note on the instructions, on page 117 it says:
”Secure the J3 motor/encoder wire bundle to the J3 encoder wires with small cable tie”
I think that‘s a small typo, it probably means “to the J3 limit switch wires”
Looking forward to soldering 30 more wires this week! Haha
looks good. thanks for sharing and Im glad to share the project