Parts acquired, now to build... I have already printed the covers and have started on the electrical cabinet. All of my screws and smaller "stuff" is located in the Akro-Mils Bins and wringing and larger "stuffs" is in the clear bucket.
hello AR people, My name is corey i started in on my ar3 over our christams shut down. i have some education in electronics and automation, I am a manufacturing engineer (fancy machinist) during the day. my specitalty is mill-turn centers and swiss style lathes up to 8 axis, although i do program and setup a 5 axis mill that the milling department hates. Progress: -Most of my hardware is in -Motors are in -My aluminum kit arives monday, i plan on tumbling them down to a matte finish and sending them out for annodizing. i realized after printing a few components and reworking them i was going to end up time and money ahead going the aluminum route. - Covers are about half way printed, i was using the covers as a test on the makerbot i had at work that was non functional, after firmware and a few mdifications it is actually making some nice prints. now most of the prints will be feinshed out on my ender 3 pro -Electronics- boards are in but i plan on using a larger enclosure, and integrating the cell controler, so i dont need a stand alone pc. Also i plan on using zip-port connectors rather than the aviation connectors so i will end up with 1 maybe 2 connectors on the robot. Also i havee been very impresesed with some of the main board concepts i have seen in the forums and may go that route but plan on conventional wiring to get going. I am building this robot as an introduction into robot kinematics and a study in process automation, my first planned implementation is to automate a chamfering operation that involves chamfering a rectangular block on all 12 edges. long term goals include using robots as machine tenders to pull parts from mills and lathes, also i have identified some assembly processes that could be automated.