Hello, Thank you very much for everything Chris, I find it an amazing project.
I am connecting the AR3 in an aluminum version, I carried out the calibration tests and it ends successfully, after a while of manipulating the arm, on the screen the position of J5 begins to advance until it exceeds the maximum values, without the arm physically move, after that I can no longer control the arm as it thinks it is out of calibration. What could be happening?
before this happens the motors work well in both directions and as I wrote earlier it calibrates well.
I'll go over the diagram again.
Thank you very much for reading and any comments are welcome.
I had the same problem with j4/j5/j6 which are all on the same rj45 connector and in the end it was a faulty rj45 cable
I too, am facing this issue... Its really frustrating. I grounded the braided encoder wires from the start but am still seeing this issue. Does anyone have any updates or ideas to this issue?
I finished my AR3 just a few weeks ago and I am battling this same issue.
Does anyone know yet what causes this?
Thank you all very much, I was reviewing the wiring, and corrected a couple of encoder cables, between j2 and j3, probe and it was the same, pass the shield to ground and it was the same. I have to recalibrate automatically for it to update, but every time I update one or a couple of encoders the value starts to rise, the encoder itself is not constant, it varies. if I disconnect it to increase the numerical value. previously I removed a noise in motor 5 since the cables were interchanged, it was removed; Although the 4 motor is still making a little noise, I already checked the wiring and it's fine. although I believe it does not affect the main problem discussed here, since even if you disconnect it, the increase in values continues. I'll keep checking. Any comment is welcome. If I find something, feedback. Thank you.
I had a similar issue with some of my AR3 encoders at first and for me it was some kind of EMC interference that triggered the values. I grounded all the shielding of the encoder cables and since then the values from the encoders are perfectly stable.
That is very interesting I have not seen that issue before. I think it could be an issue with the J5 encoder, possibly a grounding or signal issue. I would have a look at the wiring on that but I would suspect mostly a grounding issue.