I'm tried train AR3 by my hand without change code and structure, supprisingly it is working. It is not very user friendly, by modify source code I think can make it reasonable user friendly.
How I train 3 step program as above video: 1. Put arm at rest position
2. record new position
3. press emergency stop
4. move arm J1/J2/J3/J4/J5/J6 by hand
5. remain emergency stop button, go to AR3 software, click jog J1 (to force application reload position from encoder)
6. teach new position in ar3 software.
7. move arm J1/J2/J3/J4/J5/J6 by hand
8. click jog J1 again
8. record new position
9. add 1 row jump back to tap1.
10. release emergency button
11. done and you can run your program
During setup you will receive warning say some join no calibrated or what, I simply ignore it cause it will be fine.